Monday, November 29, 2010

Bundle of joy...

I am awful at updating. Especially at the time I should be sharing news with the world.
Rodney and I welcomed our beautiful son, Desmond Okello Ojuka into this world last wednesday,
November 24th. Seeing as the next day was Thanksgiving, we had so much to be thankful for!

We had gone to my weekly doctor appointment that morning. After getting checked, my doctor said that my body was more than ready to go into labor and since I was 39 weeks along, baby was perfectly able to come out. She asked if we would like to go over to the hospital and get things going and have him that day. So we did :)

Everything got started around 11 am, Dr. Roles broke my water about 12:15 pm, I got my epidural around 1:30 and was stuck in bed for another 8 hours.
Time went by real fast though. 
Almost too fast. 

Desmond Okello Ojuka was born at 9:46 pm
Weighing in at 8 lbs 9 oz
21 inches long

and screaming like a champ :)






He is such a happy baby. Rarely cries unless he needs something. We are still getting adjusted to being new parents but we love him so so much.

More to come...


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! He is so beautiful! You are going to be such a great mom, keep us updated on the little man! I want to see more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete