Monday, September 13, 2010

29 weeks...11 to go!

Weekly update :)

"Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though - as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. This month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments."

"Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day."
 


i am POSITIVE that he is so much cuter than that. :)

I started to decorate the nursery this weekend. Turns out, i had high expectations for my one can of spray paint. Looks like I will be needing about 6 more cans for the crib. ha.

I'll probably be doing another post later or tomorrow. None of the pictures I'm wanting to upload are working.

In other news, everything is great here! Desmond moves around like a crazy person all day. I love feeling his kicks. Just lets me know that he is doing okay :) Last weeks doctor appointment went great. Got to hear the heart beat. It makes my heart melt. Everything is measuring good too!
My doctor isn't too concerned that I havent gained any weight so far because I was a little bit over weight to begin with. As long as I have my diabetes under control and take my prenatals every day, everything will be fine.
I can definitely tell that Rodney is very excited to be a dad. I think he is even more excited that we are having a son. They get to do boy stuff together. Whatever that means :)

That is about it for now. Ill keep tryin for the pictures and update later.
<3


2 comments:

  1. i am excited for baby Desmond to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am super excited! his kicks are getting strong and i can tell im getting bigger each and every day. which means its comin close!!!

    ReplyDelete