Monday, September 6, 2010

Whats up with baby? 28 weeks & 2 days...

What is going on in there?

" By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."



He doesn't feel like a cabbage. Ill tell you that much.
This is actually the first week I have honestly felt pregnant.
Being able to sleep comfortably through the night is getting worse and whenever I drop something, which is frequently, I debate if it is important enough to try and pick up.
Plus, my toes have been naked for a week now. If they get painted, there is a chance I may lose some oxygen intake for awhile. I feel cramped. :(
It is a MIRACLE that my body can make another human being. Just never thought it would feel so awkward either. ha.

In other news, Rodney has been working like a mad man. He has only had 2 days off since he started his job almost three weeks ago. He tries to pick up double shifts whenever he can and he already works 3 doubles a week. I am so grateful he is working so hard for me and baby. I will be taking my maternity leave in around 10 weeks and its comforting to know that he is willing to sacrifice all of his free time to make sure we are taken care of. PLUS he has mentioned getting another serving job at olive garden. silly boy.
i love him.

2 comments:

  1. he's turning into a daddy, just like he should be! its great that he's so dedicated to making things easier for you. go rodney! go phyll! go baby desmond! <3 u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these boys so much. the way rodney talks about desmond and to him through my stomach makes me so happy to know that he will be taken care of like he should be.

    ReplyDelete